Unauthorized access on internet connection is very common today. There are people who steal information from others. This is through hacking the network system of one’s home or office. That is why having a password to your router is one of the preventive measures you can do. Creating a password on your Linksys router is simple. All you need is to follow the five steps below:
- You should make sure your router is on and also you have to go to 192.168.1.1 in your own web browser on your desktop or laptop. Be sure it is linked to your router with maybe wired or wireless.
- Just pass on the username blank and then provide within the password area “admin. Select “OK” button so you would be navigated to the router’s web installation page. Once you can never login using the default password given and never recognize the personalized one, it is advisable to reboot your router.
- At the page, just hit the “Administration” button. At that time hit “Management” tab which is certainly located on the left portion of menu region.
- You will currently produce the password with your router. Definitely fill in the password in the “Router Password” area and after that re-enter it for validation on the field available. Be sure that you remember the password you have keyed in. You can reset all over again the router which enables you to connect to the installation page and back to beginning of this situation.
- Basically select the “Save Settings” to ensure that your password could be stored. It will be saved right away and then you do not need to restart your router. You may instantly login within your new password so that you can proceed with your connection within your network.
You have to protect your Linksys router now to avoid being hacked in the future.