There are many students who always find financial solutions to sustain their education. There are some that grants, scholarships and savings are not enough because college is really expensive. This task can be challenging since going to work is not a good solution. In college, you need to focus and maintain your grade. Working will just block your way and can’t focus on your course. The left option is student loan and one of the recommended company is the Great lakes. It might be worth the cost after you have found a good job that pays well. What you need is to look for a private lender that gives you the best deal. What you need is a little advice.
- Federal loan is known as the safest loan to apply. This loan is from the US Department of Education to students who wanted to finish college. Rates of interests are low that won’t change over the year. Every borrower has its own protection when experience a financial crisis during the payment period.
- There are three categories of Federal loan with different rates of interests. The first and most recommended is the Subsidize Stafford loan which is the affordable loan. The second recommended is the Unsubsidized Stafford loan which is for everybody not considering of the income. Lastly, the PLUS loan which is offered to student but has the highest rate of interest among the three.
- Private lenders can be an alternative option in case federal loan, scholarship, grants and savings are not enough. Wells fargo collegiate loan is another good example for a private lender.
- You might consider Federal loan first before going to a private lender.
- Do some research. It does not mean that it is recommended by your school it’s the lender for you. There are lenders you advertise low rates but eventually on the long run add high rates to the borrowed money.
These five tips can be helpful for your quest when the time you decided to apply for loan.