There are many student show gets confused about applying student loans with the term to get. There are things that must be remembered or questions to answer such as how much money you have to borrow, when you will start paying the money back, the interest that the money have and the years you are going to pay back the money. But the most important of all is; are you going for Federal loan or private loan? Many experts recommend of course Federal loan. To apply for it, you must complete your FAFSA here at fafsa.ed.gov. You can also read the following below:
Advantages of Federal Student Loans
- You do not need to have a co-signer to avail for the loan. The government will guarantee to give you the loan.
- Interest rates are set by the Congress and are lower than the private loans.
- The pay back methods are flexible and vary.
- The financial capability or needs will be factor to determine whether you are fit for the loan or not. Credit history will not affect.
- Flexible when an unexpected even occurs. It means you can put on longer term payments for your loan.
Disadvantages of Federal Student Loans
- The amount to be borrowed will be determined by the Congress too. It means that the loan may not cover all the education costs.
- The government has wide range of sources to get the borrowed money back. So, expect it will be deducted on your wages or added on your federal tax return.
- Federal student loan cannot be declared as bankruptable. It means your loan will not be erased.
It is good to know some advantages and disadvantages of Federal Student Loans. In this way, you can determine if you are fit for this type. You can try other Federal Student Aid if it does not suit you as long as you complete you FAFSA here at www.fafsa.gov.
There are many students who always find financial solutions to sustain their education. There are some that grants, scholarships and savings are not enough because college is really expensive. This task can be challenging since going to work is not a good solution. In college, you need to focus and maintain your grade. Working will just block your way and can’t focus on your course. The left option is student loan and one of the recommended company is the Great lakes. It might be worth the cost after you have found a good job that pays well. What you need is to look for a private lender that gives you the best deal. What you need is a little advice.
- Federal loan is known as the safest loan to apply. This loan is from the US Department of Education to students who wanted to finish college. Rates of interests are low that won’t change over the year. Every borrower has its own protection when experience a financial crisis during the payment period.
- There are three categories of Federal loan with different rates of interests. The first and most recommended is the Subsidize Stafford loan which is the affordable loan. The second recommended is the Unsubsidized Stafford loan which is for everybody not considering of the income. Lastly, the PLUS loan which is offered to student but has the highest rate of interest among the three.
- Private lenders can be an alternative option in case federal loan, scholarship, grants and savings are not enough. Wells fargo collegiate loan is another good example for a private lender.
- You might consider Federal loan first before going to a private lender.
- Do some research. It does not mean that it is recommended by your school it’s the lender for you. There are lenders you advertise low rates but eventually on the long run add high rates to the borrowed money.
These five tips can be helpful for your quest when the time you decided to apply for loan.
Planning to find a suitable institution that offers online degree? You can find a lot of universities now that is going online and offering online classes. There is wide range of courses that an individual can take just like going to a regular school. You can them all in University of Phoenix. It is one of the institutions that are going online now that offers an eCampus program. It is there program to cater those individual who wanted to earn a degree whether it is their second one or after high school. You can go to Ecampus login for more details. It gives the privilege for those people who have busy schedules and those who did not do well in college.
University of Phoenix has goals for their students. They want to give the best education on all courses offered and make sure that the students get what they want. Here are the goals of the university:
- They want to give a degree recognize by almost all industry and give all professionals the certifications they need.
- They want all licensure to be updated and give a profound understanding of knowledge to all students which have fields of interest.
- To make sure students will complete all the courses from bachelor to master’s degree, such as the Education program.
- To give education that can be credited to other school in case the student wanted to transfer.
University of Phoenix online wanted to make sure that above are given to all students. It is their guarantee that enrolling to them is a right choice. The associate classes offered by this institution will take nine weeks. The bachelor and master degrees take about five to six weeks. If you want to know more about the school, you can visit their website. You can also read some reviews for guidelines on what to expect in this school.